There are muffins …… And then there are the Clinton Street Baking Company muffins.
These muffins are to die for.
Eat them warm, straight out of the pan and I defy you to eat just one.
Banana Chocolate Chunk Muffins
½ stick (4 tbsp.) unsalted butter,softened
½ cup sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1-cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
1 large egg
½ cup sour cream
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
2 perfectly ripe to overripe medium sized bananas, cut into 1” chunks
10 Tbsp. crumb mix (recipe to follow)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease muffin tins or use paper muffin cups
- In an electric mixer on medium high-speed, with the paddle attachment cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Sift the remaining dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- Add the egg to the butter mixture and blend until combined.
- Add ¼ cup of the sour cream to the butter mixture, then half of the dry ingredients, mixing and repeating with the rest of the sour cream and dry ingredient until batter is combined.
- Be sure to end with the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and bananas until evenly mixed.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins, leaving room on the top for the Crumb Mix.
- Top each muffin with 1 tbsp. of the crumb mix.
- Bake for 25 – 33 minutes until a toothpick inserted it in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes for best release of the muffins from their tins) if not using paper lines)
Makes 1 ½ cups
½ cup all purpose flour
½ cups sugar
¼ tsp. cinnamon
½ stick (4 tbsp.) unsalted butter, cubed.
- Mix the dry ingredients with he butter by hand until the mixture is pea sized.
- Keep the Crumb Mix in a cool place until you are ready to use it.
- The mix can be stored in the fridge for a few weeks.