I seem to be getting tons of gorgeous colored swiss chard, carrots and tomatoes in my organic CSA box lately.
What a beautiful medley of colors these veggies make when thrown together.
Here is a super easy, healthy pasta recipe that can be made using any kind of pasta you like.
I used a brown rice pasta from Trader Joes.
BROWN RICE PASTA WITH A RAINBOW OF VEGGIES
7-8 cloves garlic, chopped
2 – 3 cups swiss chard, washed and chopped
1/4 cup carrots, shredded
1/2 cups frozen corn ( I use Trader Joes)
1 plum tomato, chopped
1 packet paste, cooked according to directions
Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
Salt and pepper, so taste
2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a wok.
- Add chopped garlic and stir for a minute.
- Add shredded carrots and swiss chard.
- Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped tomato and cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add frozen corn and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix everything very well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour some extra virgin olive oil on top, garnish with parmesan cheese and serve hot.
You can add a marinara sauce to this dish too if you find the pasta is too dry. I serve it without the sauce first and then douse the leftovers in a nice marinara sauce and serve the same dish – recreated the next day.