Last week I went on and on about my new favorite vegetable – spaghetti squash.
Isn’t it pretty?
Put the two together and the results are dynamite.
Here is the recipe for the yummy, super healthy dish I cooked up using my two new favorite ingredients.
You can always skip the heat and you will still end up with a really great dish.
STIR FRIED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SWISS CHARD AND HOT CHERRY PEPPERS
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, shredded
2 cups swiss chard, washed and chopped
2-3 hot cherry peppers, minced (optional)
1 baked spaghetti squash, pulp removed
2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt & pepper, to taste
Soy sauce, to taste
Crushed peanuts, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a wok.
- Add chopped garlic and stir for a minute.
- Add onions, hot peppers and shredded carrots.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes till onions turn translucent.
- Add the chopped swiss chard.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes till the leaves wilt.
- Add the pulp of the baked spaghetti squash and mix it well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from fire.
- Top this dish of with a little soy sauce and crushed peanuts and serve warm.