I really love cooking in the fall.
I love the big box of delicious organic vegetables that my local CSA brings to me every week.
It’s always a surprise whats going to be in the box and many of the vegetables are things I’ve never really cooked with before.
So this past week my new favorite vegetable has been Spaghetti Squash!
I have never really cooked or eaten spaghetti squash before and I was really blown away by how FANTASTIC it is.
I always struggle with recipes for the sweeter squashes but this squash is less sweet and when baked the stringy pulp comes out like thin little strings of noodles which have a really nice crunch to them.
HOW TO BAKE SPAGHETTI SQUASH
1 spaghetti squash
1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees celsius).
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Cut the spaghetti squash into two halves.
- Place spaghetti squash cut sides down on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a sharp knife can pierce through the squash with only a little resistance.
- Remove squash from oven, and set aside to cool.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash and set aside for later use.