My 4-year-old Dino- crazed nephew wanted a Dinosaur birthday! Here is the cake and cupcakes that I made for him. I think this is one of the easiest birthday cakes I’ve made and it looked so good!
DINOSAUR CAKE & CUPCAKES
14 – 16 cupcakes (baked from a box mix or your favorite recipe)
One, 8” inch cake (baked from a box mix or your favorite recipe)
3 cups frosting, colored green (store bought or made from your favorite recipe)
1 packet white Jordan Almonds
Dinosaur confetti (available at any party store)
One large Plastic Dinosaur
2 packets mini plastic dinosaur toys (available at any 99 cent store or a toy store)
A few smooth stones from the backyard, cleaned
One three-layer cake stacker
Wilton frosting tip #3
- Bake the cake and cupcakes and set aside to cool.
- Frost all the cupcakes and cake with the green frosting.
- Using a Wilton tip #3, cover the frosted cupcake with more green frosting so it looks like grass.
- Place one Jordan almond on each cupcake and place a mini plastic dinosaur toy with the “ white egg”.
- Frost the 8” cake.
- Place the large plastic dinosaur in the middle of the cake.
- Make a small nest of eggs with the Jordan almonds in front of the dinosaur.
- Scatter a few of the smooth stones around the cake.
- Decorate the rest of the cake with sprinkles, confetti and candles.
- Arrange as shown on the three-layered cake stacker.