Here is a really quick way of making a very popular Indian veggie dish.
1 head of cauliflower chopped.
1 small onion sliced thin
3-4 cloves of garlic chopped
½ inch ginger sliced
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 ½ tsp. coriander powder (dhaniya)
¾ tsp. turmeric powder (haldi)
Red chili powder to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil and add 1 tsp. cumin seeds.
- When seeds begin to pop, add ginger and garlic.
- Sauté for a minute and add sliced onions.
- Add 1½ tsp. coriander powder, ¾ tsp. turmeric, red chili powder.
- Mix well and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the cauliflower and salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes till the cauliflower wilts.
- Serve immediately.