I always seem to have overripe, speckled bananas hanging in my kitchen. This is a great muffin recipe that I found on cooks.com that makes great use of all those bananas.
Makes 12 muffins.
2 extra ripe, med. bananas, peeled
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 c. blueberries
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
- Puree bananas in blender.
- Combine blueberries with a tablespoon of flour.
- In medium bowl, combine bananas, eggs, sugar and butter until well blended.
- Stir in blueberries and vanilla.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in banana mixture until evenly moistened.
- Spoon batter into well greased 2 1/2 inch muffin cups.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 25-30 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.