This is one of my favorite ways of making green cabbage. The secret to making this dish well is in cutting the cabbage really fine. After that it literally takes minutes to make. This cabbage goes so well with just about anything and is really healthy. I love eating it with fresh Indian rotis (bread) and plain yogurt.
1 small head of green cabbage sliced thin and washed
1- 2 sprigs of fresh curry leaves
2- 3 fresh green chilies sliced thin
1 tbsp. arhar dal seeds
1 tbsp. black mustard seeds
2 tbsp. oil
Salt to taste
- Heat oil.
- Add mustard seeds and stir till it begins to sputter.
- Add the raw lentil seeds and stir for about a minute.
- Add salt, curry leaves and sliced chilies.
- Stir for 30 seconds and then add sliced cabbage.
- Cover and cook for 5- 7 minutes until cabbage is just tender.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.