My mom loves salmon – and my mother-in-law has taught me really great, simple ways to make it. Here is one of the healthiest ways of eating salmon. It’s such a simple recipe…I wonder why I don’t make it more often.
1 portion serves 1
1 salmon fillet
2 tbsp. sake
1 tbsp. mirin
1/4 onion, sliced long
1 shiitake mushroom, sliced long
Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash and pat dry salmon fillet.
- Place it in the middle of an approximately 12×12 inch foil.
- Place sliced onions and mushrooms on top of salmon.
- Fold the foil along the sides to seal it leaving the top open.
- Pour in 2 tbsp. of sake and 1 tbsp. of mirin in.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Seal the top to create a kind of foil pocket.
- Boil some water in a pot which has a steamer in it.
- When the water is at a boil, place the foil packet in and cover the pot.
- Steam for 7 – 8 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove immediately and remove fish from the foil and serve immediately with tartar sauce.