When I was growing up, my mother used to serve these yummy mushroom toasts as appetizers all the time. They are great as a breakfast or brunch food too. It’s really easy to make and packed with flavor. You could use the mushrooms in many different ways – in puff pastries, as a side with any dish and so on. They are really easy to make and yum! yum! yum!
4 cups of mushrooms, chopped ( I use baby bellas, button mushrooms, you can even use canned mushrooms)
1 onion, chopped fine ( or you can use 5-6 scallions, entire stalk chopped)
1-2 fresh green chilies, chopped fine ( optional)
4 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2-3 tablespoons of heavy cream (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pan, heat the butter.
- Add the onions/ scallions to the pan and saute, till they are soft (2-3 minutes)
- Add chillies and cook for a minute.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and stir well.
- Cook for 5 minutes till mushrooms begin to soften.
- Add fresh herbs, seasoning to taste and cream.
- Stir for a minute and remove from fire.
- Serve immediately.