My daughter wanted a Tinkerbell theme for her 6th birthday. Here is the cake that I made for her.
1 cake made using the Wilton Flower cake pan
1 cake made using the Wilton 8″ round cake pan
1 cake made using the Wilton 12 ” round cake pan
1 cake made using the Wilton Mini Wonder Mold pan
5 cups of frosting colored neon green ( use any recipe)
1 cup frosting colored purple ( or any color you choose to write with on cake)
1 set of Disney Fairy figurines ( available at Target etc…)
1 Tinkerbell doll cake topper of your choice ( available at Target etc…)
1 packet Tinkerbell confetti (available at Party city)
4-5 brown or white mushrooms ( cleaned)
5-6 Oreo cookies crushed
Any beautiful 1/2 inch ribbon to decorate cake with ( available at any craft store…)
- Using your favorite cake recipe, make the above listed cakes and cool completely.
- Place the flower shaped cake on your cake base and cover it with the green frosting.
- Then place the 12″ round cake on top, and frost it
- Then place the 8″ round cake on top and frost it.
- Cut the ribbon to fit the bottoms of the three layers of the cake and decorate the cake with the ribbon as shown.
- Place the top layer of the cake ( you can use a cupcake or a tiny cake made from the Wilton Wonder Mold Pan).
- Frost it with the green frosting and place the Tinkerbell doll on top.
- Place the Disney Fairy dolls around the cake (as you wish)
- Scatter a few mushrooms around the cake to give it a woodsy feel.
- Sprinkle some of the ground Oreos on top of and around the mushrooms to make it look like dirt.
- Use the Tinkerbell confetti to decorate around the cake and the cake base.
- Write Happy Birthday on the cake base and sprinkle some “dirt” on top of the writing.
- Enjoy the beautiful Tinkerbell cake.