Napa or Chinese Cabbage is so delicious. It is packed with Vitamin C and many other great nutrients. I’m always looking for ways to incorporate this vegetable into my cooking. This is a really great, fat-free recipe that my mother-in-law Atsuko makes all the time. She uses Bonito flakes (japanese fish flakes) in the recipe but you can skip them if you want to keep the dish purely veggie.
5-6 leaves of Napa cabbage washed
2 tablespoons of soya sauce
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of bonito Flakes
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Immerse the Napa cabbage leaves in the water for about a minute till it just wilts.
- Remove the cabbage leaves from the boiling water and plunge them into cold water immediately to stop them from cooking further.
- Squeeze the leaves to rid them of all the excess water and rough chop them.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- Pour the soya sauce and lemon juice on the cabbage and mix well.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Sprinkle the bonito flakes on top and serve immediately.