My dearest friend’s 3 year old wanted an Ariel birthday party. Here is the cake that I made for her. The look on her face when she saw the cake….is something I’ll always remember and cherish….Happy Birthday my little Troll!!
A 9×13 rectangular cake (made from your favorite recipe or a box mix)
3 cups of buttercream frosting tinted blue (made from your favorite recipe or a box mix)
1/4 cup of buttercream frosting tinted green
3 cups of any plain vanilla wafers such as Nilla (to make the sand)
Pink & green decorating sugars
An Ariel figure doll or candle (available at any party store)
A rock from the garden washed out well
A handful of multicolored goldfish crackers or gummy swedish fish
A plastic beaded necklace
A plastic starfish, some sea shells ( you can use any sea-life themed things to decorate)
Little Ariel, Flounder and Sebastian themed cutouts (available at any party store)
A toy palm tree
A happy birthday sign
- Cover the entire 9×13 rectangular cake with blue frosting to make the ocean.
- Use a frosting knife or a butter knife to texture the frosting so that it looks like water.
- Crush the Nilla wafers in a blender to make sand.
- With a spoon, sprinkle the sand on about 1/4 of the right hand side of the cake.
- Then sprinkle the sand all around the bottom of the cake.
- Place the Ariel candle, rock, palm tree, star fish, shells, beaded necklace and cutouts on the sandy part of the cake (you can use your creativity to make this part cute)
- Place a few of the colored goldfish on the ocean part of the cake.
- Place a Wilton tip # 97 on a frosting bag and fill it with the green frosting.
- Make seaweed all around the cake.
- Stick three of the Ariel cutouts in the front of the cake as shown.
- Place the happy birthday sign in the ocean part of the cake.
- Sprinkle the cake with pink and green colored decorating sugar.