Here is the Cinderella cake I made for my daughter’s 5th birthday.
Wilton round cake pans – 6″, 8″, 14″ ( for the three layers)
3 round cakes 6″, 8″, 14″ – made from your favorite recipe or a cake mix
One cake made from the mini wonder mold pan
2 cups each of light pink and purple frosting
1 cup each of yellow, light blue and light green frosting
1/2 cup of plain white frosting
Wilton cake decoration tips 21, 2D, 3, 224
1 set of Mini doll picks from Wilton ( or you can use any small doll )
Mini pastel colored marshmallows
Small pair of plastic glass slippers
Little Cinderella character cutouts from a confetti bag (from Party City)
Any other decorations of your choice
- Place the 14″ round cake towards the middle/ back of your cake base platter.
- Frost this cake with the pink frosting.
- Then place the 8″ purple frosted cake towards the middle/ back of the cake below it.
- The final cake layer is the 6″ pink frosted cake which is placed on top of the 8″ cake.
- Use the light blue frosting for the small cake made from the mini wonder mold pan.
- Stick the one of the mini dolls on top of it to make your Cinderella doll.
- Place the Cinderella towards the front/ side of the bottom most cake layer.
- Use some blue frosting to make the top part of Cinderella’s dress.
- Then using a #21 Wilton tip, decorate Cinderella’s dress.
- Place the glass slippers on the very top of the cake.
- Decorate the edges of the three layers of the cake by putting the small, pastel marshmallows all around/ or any decoration of your choice.
- Using a Wilton tip#3, make a bed of squiggles on the cake base platter.
- Using a # 2D Wilton tip, make flowers all over the cakes and base.
- Sprinkle some colored sugar crystals over the base.
- Add in any additional decorations anywhere around the cake.