I love this shrimp salad. This recipe is almost the same as the Lobster Salad recipe that I posted some time ago – except that this is so much easier and tastes just as good! I usually use the bags of frozen raw shrimp (with the tails on) you get at Costco – they are great! My younger brother, who is a real foodie, tried the salad and thought that it was the lobster salad. No more slaving over a hot red lobster for me – from now on this is my go to recipe.
3 cups of steamed shrimp chopped (25- 30 medium sized shrimps)
1 ripe avocados chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
6 boiled eggs chopped coarsely
1 onion chopped very finely
2 tablespoons of chopped parsley (optional)
4-5 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1 tablespoon on lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam 25-30 raw shrimp till they turn pink and are all cooked.
- Roughly chop the steamed shrimp and add to a big bowl.
- Add chopped onion and mix very well.
- Add the avocados and eggs.
- Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley.
- Mix very gently until everything is well combined.
- Serve chilled with bread, crackers and so on.