Here is a little mermaid cake that I made for my friend’s daughter. She wanted an Ariel cake and I couldn’t for the life of me find a big Ariel doll to use on the cake- so I used a mini version. I thought it turned out pretty great with the baby Ariel doll.
1 cake made from a Wilton 14 inch round cake pan
1 cake made from a Wilton 9 x 3 in. decorator preferred contour pan
5 cups of blue frosting
1 packet of multicolored swedish gummy fish or you could even use rainbow goldfish crackers
Ariel character cake topper/ doll etc (use your creative license)
Crushed nilla wafers (you can use any of your favorite cookies to create the effect of sand)
Pink sugar crystals
- Place the 14″ round cake on a cake board.
- Frost the 14″ round cake with blue frosting.
- Place the 9″ round cake on top of the 14″ cake.
- Make sure that the 9″ cake is placed in the rear center of the 14″cake.
- Then frost the 9″ round contoured cake with the blue frosting.
- Scatter some of the sand ( crushed nilla wafers) on both sides of the cake.
- Decorate both layers of the cake with the gummy fish and the colored gumdrops.
- Place your cake topper/Ariel doll on the top of the cake.