There is nothing easier than whipping up these Chicken Quesadillas. It is my tried and tested kids favorite recipe that just cannot disappoint. I usually make these when I have rotisserie chicken lying around. You can use any kind of shredded cheese and tortilla.
1 cup chopped cooked chicken (I use rotisserie chicken, you can use any kind)
1 cup shredded cheese (I use a four cheese mexican blend from costco)
8 tortillas (Use your favorite kind. I use the whole grain ones from Trader Joes with flax and grains.)
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a saucepan.
- Place the tortilla in the pan and let it cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add some chopped chicken and shredded cheese on one side of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla over and press down with the back of a spatula.
- Cook till the underside begins to get a little crispy ( about 45 seconds or so).
- Flip it over and cook for 30 seconds to a minute until the tortilla reaches desired crispiness.
- Cut into triangles and serve immediately.