Subzi in hindi means vegetable. A basic North Indian meal consists of a dal (lentil), rice or roti (Indian bread) and subzi (some kind of vegetable). This is a really tasty, easy vegetable to make. Once I’ve made this dish – I make yummy vegetable cutlets out of the leftover. The kids love them and its a great anytime food to serve.
3 potatoes boiled and chopped into small cubes
2 cups of green beans chopped
2 cups carrots boiled and chopped into small cubes
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 bunch cilantro finely chopped
2 teaspoons of curry powder
1 teaspoon of cumin powder (optional)
Chili powder to taste (optional)
1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
Salt to taste
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cumin powder, garam-masala and chili powder.
- Stir for 2 minutes till the mixture is fragrant.
- Add the green beans and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and carrots and mix well.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro and salt to taste.
- Serve hot with white rice or any kind of bread.