My kids love paneer (Indian cheese). You can buy ready made paneer in any of the Indian stores and whip up so many different dishes with it. Here is one of our favorites.
2 cups of base curry mix
4 cups of paneer chopped into small 1 inch cubes
1 can of tomato paste or 3-4 plum tomatoes
2 cup chopped spinach
1 cup of coconut milk (optional)
1 bunch of chopped cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 cups of base curry mix for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato or tomato paste and mix well.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the paneer and a cup of water.
- You can add vegetables to the paneer too if you like – such as peas, spinach etc.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk (optional).
- Add cilantro, sugar, salt & pepper and mix well.
- Serve with hot Basmati rice.