This is a great and really quick eggplant recipe. My mother in law made it on the grill this past mothers day and we were all blown away by the simplicity and yumminess of this dish. You don’t have to cook the eggplant on the grill. You can even just cook it in the oven or roast it over and open flame till it is cooked.
4-5 Japanese eggplants
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoonSoy sauce
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger (optional)
- Wash the eggplants and cut little slits in a few places all over the eggplant.
- Lay it on its side on the grill (or oven or fire)
- Cook it for 5-6 minutes on grill – keep switching sides every few minutes.
- Cook till it looks like in the picture below.
- Remove from fire and peel the skin off.
- Cut eggplant into small pieces.
- Mix the lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar and grated ginger together to make Citrus Soya Sauce.
- Pour on top of grilled eggplant.
- Heat hot or cold.