My father just loves this salad! I try and make this for him whenever he visits. Its a really easy salad – the only real work is when you are steaming and shelling the lobster from scratch.You could skip this step and make it really easy by just buying the cooked, shelled lobster from a store.
The lobster meat can be substituted for steamed shrimp, canned crab or cooked monkfish or white fish – it will be just as tasty. You can also combine a few of the above seafoods to make this salad.
2 cups of cooked lobster meat ( or 15-20 steamed shrimp chopped, 1 can of crabmeat or 1/2 lb cooked chopped monkfish or white fish)
2 ripe avacados chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
6 boiled eggs chopped coarsely
1 large onions chopped very finely
2 tablespoons Ikari Non-Oil dressing with Perilla Leaves which is available at any Asian or Japanese grocery store (optional)
4-5 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1 tablespoon on lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the seafood/ lobster meat into about 1 inch pieces and add to a big bowl.
- Add the chopped onion and mix very well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the Ikari Non-Oil dressing with Perilla Leaves dressing (optional)
- Add the chopped avocados and eggs.
- Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Mix very gently until everything is well combined.
- Serve chilled with bread, crackers and so on.