This Zucchini bread is a hot favorite in our house. It is practically the only way my kids will eat Zucchini. This versatile bread can be eaten for breakfast,brunch, dessert or tea. I always double the recipe and make a few extra loaves as this recipe freezes really well.
3 C flour
1 t salt
1/4 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
2 c sugar
1 C olive oil
1/2 C sour cream
1 t vanilla
2 C shredded or grated Zucchini
1 C raisin or chopped nuts (optional)
- In a large bowl combine together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar.
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Add oil and eggs, beat well.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix in Zucchini and nuts (if using).
- Pour the batter into 2 greased loaf pans or a bundt pan.
- Bake in two greased loaf at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from baking pans and serve.
- You can dust the loaves with confectioners sugar, if you wish.