This is a really quick and tasty pasta dish that I make whenever I have rotisserie chicken lying around. You could substitute for grilled chicken too and if you want to keep the dish vegetarian , you could leave out the meat all together.
1 packet penne pasta cooked according to directions
3 cups of chopped rotisserie chicken
2 cups frozen peas
6-7 cloves of garlic finely chopped
Salt & pepper
Ground parmesan cheese as garnish
Fresh green chilies, finely chopped (optional)
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and add chopped garlic.
- Stir for 1-2 minutes till garlic become fragrant.
- Add the chopped chicken.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, till the peas turn bright green and are just cooked.
- Add the cooked penne and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix it all very well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes till everything is well mixed and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with lots of parmesan cheese on top.
I personally love this dish with a good heaping of fresh chopped green chili. It really adds a great bite to the dish!