Who doesn’t like a good fried fish? Here is one of the ways that I like to make this dish. When I am deep frying anything, I usually use vegetable/corn/or peanut oil. You could actually substitute the fish for any meat or vegetable with this recipe. You could use pork, chicken, tofu, eggplant etc.
Serves: 4-6 people
2 pounds of any filleted white fish such as cod, tilapia, flounder
1 egg lightly beaten mixed with 3 tablespoons of milk
1/4 cup flour
2-3 cups breadcrumbs any kind (I use panko)
4 cups of oil to fry
- Put the fish fillets, flour, beaten eggs and milk, and breadcrumbs in separate plates and bowls.
- Keep these next to each other as shown in picture below to make it easier to bread and fry.
- First take a fillet of fish and dust it with flour.
- Then dip the fillet in the egg mixture and finally roll it in the bread crumbs till it is completely covered.
- Repeat this till all the fish fillets have been covered with crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a wok till it sizzles when you insert a toothpick in to check.
- Add 3-4 of the breaded fish fillets into the hot oil.
- Allow it to fry for a minute or two till cooked – till it reaches a golden brown color.
- Remove the fish from the wok and let it drain on a plate with paper towels.
- Repeat the above steps with all the rest of the fish fillets.
- Serve hot with you favorite sauce.