This is a great egg salad. I love a good egg salad and I just love avocados – so I mixed the two together and got a wonderful egg salad with avocado! The avocados really pack a healthful punch into this egg salad. Make sure that the avocados you use are perfectly ripe. Here is some help on that: http://www.ehow.com/how_4451103_tell-avocado-ripe.html
This dish works great for breakfast, brunch, a snack, an appetizer or even a meal.
Egg Salad with Avocado
6-7 eggs, hard boiled and peeled and chopped
2 avocados, pitted and peeled and chopped into small cubes
2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise (Use your favorite brand – I love the Japanese brand Kewpie Mayo)
3-4 tablespoons seasoned sushi vinegar
Sugar to taste
- Place the chopped boiled egg in a bowl.
- Add the avocados to the egg.
- Add the mayonnaise, seasoned seasoned sushi vinegar and little sugar.
- Mix it all up well but be careful not to mush up the avocados.
- Serve in a sandwich, with crackers,with pita bread, french bread and so on.
- This egg salad keeps for a few days.
- To store it – save the avocado pits and put them in the egg salad. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.