I have a little fan following here in New York for this dish. This is really my go to dish when I have large numbers of people coming over. It always seems to be a crowd pleaser. So here you go Rula, Susan Hillberg, Sonu Swamy (my faithful food fans and blogophiles)……and all the rest of you!
For the base of this curry recipe please refer to the following link: https://thefoodfairy.wordpress.com/2009/03/14/a-base-recipe-for-curry/
Shrimp Curry with Coconut Milk
21-25 Deshelled shrimp (I use the raw frozen shrimp from costco – thawed)
2 cups of base curry mixture (recipe link: https://thefoodfairy.wordpress.com/2009/03/14/a-base-recipe-for-curry/ )
Kale or spinach finely chopped (optional)
1 can of coconut milk
1 can of tomato paste
1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the base curry mixture.
- Add in the tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped kale or spinach and cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk and mix it well with the curry.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the raw shrimp and mix it well and cook till the shrimp is just cooked ( do not overcook the shrimp)
- Add cilantro, salt and pepper and serve hot with basmati rice.