This is my daughter’s absolute favorite dish! She loves potatoes and she loves cheese – so we put them together and made yummy Cheesy Potatoes! I’ve recently started adding spinach to the dish and she doesn’t seem to mind – so now its “Cheesy Spinach Potatoes”.
Cheesy Spinach Potatoes
7-8 Potatoes boiled and rough chopped
1 packet of chopped frozen spinach (I use Trader Joe’s – you can use any brand you like) OR 2 cups fresh chopped spinach (optional)
1 cup mixed shredded cheese (use any cheese you like – I use a mexican cheese blend or mozzarella)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the frozen chopped spinach.
- Cover cook for 3-4 minutes or till its cooked.
- Add the boiled and chopped potatoes.
- Mix it well and cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper and remove from fire immediately.
- Mix the potatoes and cheese very well and serve immediately.
This dish goes really well with most things. I serve it with the Salmon with Miso, Shrimp Curry etc. I also make Cheesy Potato Cutlets with these potatoes a day or so after ( if there are any leftovers). I’ve posted the recipe for the cutlets too.