We just love the book – If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff ! So my daughter decided that she wanted a “Mouse Cookie” party for her 4th birthday. Here is the cake that I made for her.
Mouse Cookie Cake
One 9X13 rectangular cake – any recipe you like
White frosting of your choice
Green, yellow, pink, blue & black frosting (I used the Mc Cormick Neon colors to tint the frosting for this cake)
Store bought or home made chocolate chip cookies
- I frosted the entire cake green.
- I used a toothpick and outlined the picture of the mouse onto the cake – (the picture was from one of the pages in the book).
- I then used a small spoon and lightly scraped out all the green frosting from inside the outline of the mouse.
- I then filled the mouse outline with white frosting.
- You can do this using a knife for most part but for the thinner parts like the arms, I used a piping bag with a #2 wilton tip.
- Using a #2 Wilton tip I then outlined the mouse figure with pink frosting – (this covers up all the messy parts and mistakes one might make along the way).
- Using a #2 Wilton tip, I made the eyes and whiskers on the face with black frosting and the nose and mouth using pink frosting.
- I used a #21 tip and made pink, green, blue swirls on and around the cake.
- I then stuck the chocolate chip cookies on the colored swirls.