Here is a really easy and healthy fish recipe that the kids love. I add a few spices to this recipe to kick up the flavor a notch. These cutlets freeze really well, so make lots if you want leftovers – as they disappear fast!
5 fillets of any whitefish, steamed (flounder, cod etc.)
3-4 medium potatoes, boiled and cooled
1 cup of broccoli steamed and chopped fine
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
1/2 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
Salt to taste
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- In a large bowl, combine all the above ingredients, except for the breadcrumbs.
- Mix it all very well together and mash it with your hands till everything is very well combined.
- Take a small amount of the fish mixture and shape it into a patty.
- Coat the patty with panko breadcrumbs.
- Make patties using all the fish mixture and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet.
- Add 4-5 fish cutlets in the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until it is browned and has a slightly crisp crust.
- Serve warm with ketchup or mint chutney.