Ground Chicken with Basil is one of my all time favorite Thai dishes. I love it extra spicy!!!! I could not believe how easy it was when Aunty Pen showed me how to make it in Thailand. You can put any kind of vegetables you like in the chicken with basil. She used bamboo shoots….I used onions and green beans when I made it! Both taste great. Here is the recipe I learned.
4 chilies peppers ( red, yellow, green – the slightly bigger ones that are less spicy)
10 cloves of garlic
2-3 sliced Thai chilies (optional – depending on how spicy you want to make it)
1 pound of ground chicken
1 sliced onion
1 cup green beans/ any veggie you choose
2 teaspoons of fish sauce
1 onion sliced thin
½ teaspoon dark soya sauce
1-teaspoon palm sugar
1-cup Thai basil
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Add the garlic and chillis combined together.
- Fry it well for about 4-5 minutes till fragrant.
- Add the ground chicken and stir.
- Add 2 teaspoons of fish sauce.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, add sliced onions, green beans and Thai chilies.
- Stir it well and add ½ teaspoon of dark soya sauce and 1 teaspoon of palm sugar.
- Add the basil and mix it in very well till the basil leaves just wilt.
- Remove from fire and serve hot with jasmine rice.